Products sold on this website come with a 12-month Warranty unless a different period is specified in the product name or description. All products include a warranty identical to the provisions and limitations of the manufacturer's warranty. Warranty period starts from the date of shipment.
WHAT IS COVERED?
We cover all the parts and labor costs of repair, if your product suffers manufacturer fault during the warranty period.*See the warranty terms below for details.
HOW IS WARRANTY SERVICE ARRANGED?
Warranty claim is simple and quick.
- Lodge and report problem in our system.
- Send the product to our collection point in the UK.
- Item is checked and repaired or serviced.
- The item is returned to you after it has been QC checked.
In general, it takes 14 to 21 days maximum.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITION
Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Please contact Mobicity UK Support via the contact information on the "Contact Us" page for all warranty and product support requests.
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.Mobicity.co.uk.
You may be asked to return the relevant Product to a specified address in UK given by Mobicity UK customer service representative. Some warranty returns will require your product to be returned to our repair center in Hong Kong.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and Milkyway Distribution Ltd. (Company Registration Number: 1832136) registered in Hong Kong ("Milkyway").
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of Products from www.Mobicity.co.uk
Products You Order are offered and supplied by Milkyway. Please read the Website Terms and Conditions for further information.
Milkyway supplies and supports all warranties relating to Products which are noted as being offered and supplied by Milkyway.
We recommend that you keep your original product packaging if possible. In the unlikely event that you require a warranty repair and you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and Mobicity UK accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by Milkyway irrespective of
- The identity of the manufacturer of the Product;
- Whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Hong Kong Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Hong Kong Consumer Law.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Milkyway agrees to repair or replace the Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Mobicity UK specifications during:
- the Standard Warranty period of 12 months; or
- the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
2. The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
3. Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
4. Mobicity UK requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from Mobicity UK staff or service agent acting on behalf of Mobicity UK in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
5. Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Mobicity UK Support via the Help Center before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
6. Mobicity UK reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Mobicity UK reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Mobicity UK will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Mobicity UK with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Mobicity UK. Mobicity UK may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
- If Mobicity Uk is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Mobicity UK's store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Mobicity UK's election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
7. In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Mobicity UK.
8. Where Mobicity UK authorises warranty service of a Product, Mobicity UK Support team will provide a designated return address for the Customer to post to at the Customer’s cost. If Mobicity UK deems it appropriate, We may alternatively supply a pre-paid postage label for the Product to be returned via our chosen carrier to the authorised repair centre. In this situation Mobicity UK will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Mobicity UK specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the customer is located outside UK, Mobicity UK may require that the Product be sent to Hong Kong or UK, as directed by Mobicity UK.
The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Mobicity UK upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Mobicity UK within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage. in which case Mobicity UK will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt.
9. Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.Mobicity.co.uk do not apply:
- To consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces (including during transit);
- to damage caused by use with another product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- to damage caused by operating the Product outside any guidelines published for use;
- to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Mobicity UK;
- to a Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Mobicity UK, including but not limited to installation of custom firmware or other software;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the Product,
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Product,
- if the product is stolen or Mobicity UK reasonably believes that the product is stolen based on information provided by law enforcement authorities, or
- Where proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) cannot be provided.
10. Mobicity UK reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Mobicity UK's internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
11. The Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to and from the Mobicity UK Authorised Repair Centre.
12. Mobicity UK may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty do not apply as per section 17.
13. Mobicity UK reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Mobicity UK's specifications, subject to applicable law.
14. The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from www.Mobicity.co.uk, provided Mobicity UK is informed by contacting Mobicity UK Sales via the Help Center within 7 days of the date of transfer.
15. Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of Your Products.
16. Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
17. Mobicity UK is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in Mobicity UK's opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case Mobicity UK will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
18. To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
- To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
- To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels).
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries, projector lamps and cables), or lost parts or accessories;
- To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or;
- To service of any product whilst it is outside Hong Kong.
19. To the full extent permitted by law:
- Mobicity UK will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Mobicity UK's aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Mobicity UK's option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- Mobicity UK excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
20. Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to the Products supplied by Milkyway, these Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of Hong Kong and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
21. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Hong Kong Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Mobicity UK can be contacted by various method via the Contact Us page.
Mobicity UK's head office is located at 9 A &B, Ka Ming Court, 688 Castle Peak Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.